Best Carpet Cleaning SolutionBest Carpet Cleaning Solution https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/carpet-cleaning-solution-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Rachelle Stone Rachelle Stone https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b903daecc57f726c767c59baf58630cd?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution Secret Recipe
If you have been spending a lot of money on maintaining your carpet to be spotless, now is the time to pat yourself on the back! I have tried many cheap carpet cleaning products and so-called “professional” machines, and I realized they are a waste of time and money. In contrast, my homemade secret carpet cleaning solution recipe for carpet cleaning machines and carpet extractors has way more advantages than all the commercial cleaning products.
It takes no time for me to find out that some of the carpet cleaning products I have used before containing chemicals irritate my eyes and skins so much. Since then, I started to look for something more eco-friendly, but I really had a hard time looking for the right product. The unknown chemical names on the long ingredient lists of those products stopped me from buying them. That was when I decided to shift to a homemade solution. I only use branded carpet cleaning solution products for the toughest stains.
For families with kids, this solution will be perfect since we know how children like to crawl on the carpet. Sensitive skins of children get the most allergic reactions from those chemicals in the cleaning products. More than just the health concern, this homemade carpet cleaner also keep the environment clean. As there are no harmful chemicals, it leaves no bad smells after applying on the carpet. Unlike the chemical-containing products, it removes all the stains yet keeps the rug’s soft and smooth texture. It doesn’t require any scrubbing which can damage the carpet.
If you are ready to go for your own independent homemade carpet cleaning solution, there it goes. Try out my secret recipe below today!
• 1 Gallon of Hot Water (using of filtered cold water is fine if you have a carpet extractor with built-in heater)
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Distilled White Vinegar
• ¼ Cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
• 1 Tablespoon of Dawn (or any other dish soap)
• 5-6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (optional, only for the fragrance)
1. First, fill hot water in the water tank of your carpet cleaning machine. The hotter the water is, the better. Be cautious when handling the container filled with hot water. Remember to save some space in the tank for other ingredients.
2. Add one tablespoon of Dawn dish soap (Or any other brand which doesn’t contain bleach). Don’t add the soap before filling the water as it will overflow the tank with soap bubbles if you add the water later. Do not add more soap than the recommended amount. Important to note that more soap doesn’t mean cleaner! Then, add one and a half tablespoon of vinegar and a quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide. Look for the 3% hydrogen peroxide in your nearest grocery store or drug store for just a couple of dollars. If you want a refreshing citrus smell that will stay for hours on your carpet, add 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Stir and mix all the ingredients slowly in a consistent circular motion.
3. Yes, that’s it! Simple right? It is not as complicated as we thought. What I like the most about this homemade solution is that I don’t need to get out of my house. All the ingredients we need are usually right in the kitchen. For the more economical people, this is such a great solution because the money to buy those commercial cleaning products can be saved. When we are buying them, we are actually just paying for their advertisement fee anyways. So, what is the point? Not only money, it saves us time because it takes only a few minutes to make our personal carpet cleaning solution. Now you can clean all stains in your home with a carpet cleaner, and your carpet will be transformed as new!
- 1 Gallon Hot Water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons White Vinegar
- ¼ Cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap
- 5-6 drops Essential Oil
- Fill hot water into your water tank
- Add dish soap
- Add vinegar
- Add hydrogen peroxide
- Add essential oil
- Stir and mix
That being said, it might not be all that feasible for the very busy working people or people not comfortable with DIY. While my recipe will help you to remove most kind of stains, there may be some really tough stain that calls for something much more powerful.
So here is my personal favorite Top 5 Best Carpet Cleaning Solution Products that I have tested and used over the years in conjunction with my secret recipe carpet cleaning solution. They are also found to be safe to skin and ideal for the most stubborn stains!
Happy cleaning everyone!
Top 5 Best Carpet Cleaning Solution Products
1. Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Carpet and Upholstery Detergent 50 oz (AH30035) Review
My playful children always spill juices and drop food like gummy bear candies and chocolate on the carpets that my carpets used to look like old rugs filled with dark marks. I tried to clean up these stains with several cheap carpet cleaning products but the original color was never coming back. What’s more, I really hated the unpleasant smell they left on my carpets. But Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Carpet and Upholstery Detergent has made my day!
Unlike those products, this one doesn’t produce any chemical smell at all! It really does what it says. In fact, its mild linen fragrant makes my living room even fresh. If you want your rugs to smell like the ones in those 5-stars hotels, then this is a must buy! It did such a good job removing all the marks that my carpets got back its original light color back. I was even able to remove the oil grease stained on my sofa three years ago. The huge grey spot disappeared as if it was never there.
I do believe it is worthy to buy this product. I would rather spend a bit more for much higher quality than buying ineffective cheaper cleaning products just to save a bit of money. The outcome is incomparable. Plus it is time-saving and to me, there are no negative consequences. Since then, I put the Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Detergent on the top of my carpet cleaning product list and have recommended all my friends to try it. Of course, they were very satisfied with the results too!
• 50-ounce bottle of cleaning solution that last for months
• Use for a wide variety of purposes including vomit, stains, blood, pet accidents
• Suitable for most carpet cleaning machines; not tied to Hoover brand carpet cleaners.
• Approved by Carpet & Rug Institute
2.BISSELL 2X Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Full Size Machine Formula, 48 ounces (67A5) Review
I was not aware of BISSELL 2X Professional Pet Urine Eliminator until I got my dog. As a new pet owner, I had no idea how to potty train a dog. No surprise and the very next day, I was standing right on a urine spot on my carpet. My instinct was to wash out the urine with detergent but the yellowish spot and the stinky smell didn’t go away. With a friend’s suggestion to use the Bissell Pet Urine Eliminator, I decided to give it a try.
Most, if not all carpet cleaner manufacturers recommend their own brand carpet cleaning solution to be used together with their own machines. Yes, it is true that you may void the warranty if other brand cleaning solution damage the cleaning machine. However, as long as you purchased a product from respectable brand like Bissell, you do not need to worry too much about it.
Enough said, does the Bissell 2X formula works? It did! No more yellowish mark and no more horrible urine odor. Plus, it also made my carpet looked shiny. So I started using it on any other stains my dog had created before. According to my experience with usual stain removers, I was worried my dark blue color carpet would turn into light blue spots. But this product just took away the stains and left the color intact. What was more surprising was that after using the Pet Urine Eliminator, it was much easier to clean up the later messes my dog created in the same place again.
Seeing these amazing results, I begun using this product in other places in my room where there is a possibility my dog can make a mess. Big thanks to my friend for the advice to use the BISSELL 2X Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Full Size Machine Formula!
• Specialized in Pet’s urine stains and odors
• Has unique property in its ingredient to discourage pets from urinating in the same spot
• Made with biodegradable detergents making it very environment-friendly
• Allow you to use Bissell cleaning solution with carpet cleaner from other brands like Hoover and Rug Doctor.
• Smell may not be for everyone
3.Hoover CLEANPLUS 2X 64oz Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer (AH30330) Review
A while ago, I moved into a new house. All the furniture and the room itself looked gray and messy. The carpet that covered up the whole kitchen, while pretty high quality, was upsetting to see; grease, coffee spills and footprints built-up over time. It is too wasteful to replace it with new sheets of carpet, so I decide to clean it out.
My trusted Hoover Platinum Pet Plus Carpet and Upholstery Detergent has run out, so I went to Hoover’s website and found a similar product – the Hoover CLEANPLUS 2X 64oz Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer. It boasted impressive features and performance for its price. As I also have a kitten, I always worry chemicals will make my little flurry friend sick.
After using Hoover Brand for quite a while, I am confident to continue using it because of its non-toxic formula. I put the cleaning solution in my carpet cleaning machine and went around the room, to every dusty and greasy corner. My carpet cleaner was quite old and doesn’t work on every cleaning product but with this one, it works really well. No sticky residue left inside the solution container that would cause damage to my machine.
I was amazed to see how the room changed into a new look! Brighter and shinier! The strong moldy smell was replaced by the pleasant floral fragrant of the cleaning solution. This product is very handy and I use it for my car’s interior too. I don’t even keep an air freshener. It takes away not only the stains but also the lingering odor. Also, it shines the car seats and keeps its floor spotless. My 12-year-old car still managed to look great! Hoover CLEANPLUS made my life much easier.
• Smells great
• Usable on carpets, rugs, upholstery and car interiors
• Biodegradable and non-toxic
• Works with all types of carpet cleaning machines
• Does not do well for removing vomit stains.
4.Bissell Deep Clean Pro 2X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Formula, 48 ounces (78H6B) Review
One day, I was shocked when I found out muddy footprints on my mattress. I left my boy home alone and he enjoyed jumping onto my bed after playing out in the rain. After trying several different cleaning detergent and worked to remove the mess, I ended up making more mess spreading the mud all over the mattress.
One last cleaning products I bought was Bissell Deep Clean Pro 2X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Formula, and I tried it without much expectation. As the printed label says the cleaner was mainly for carpet, I wasn’t sure if it would also work on mattress. Guess what? All the mud was wiped out completely! Not a single spot was left.
The previous products I used were not strong enough to clean the stains so I had to scrub them that it left some scratches on my mattress. I regret I didn’t try the Bissell Deep Clean Pro 2X first. At first, I was worried if this product will be ok to use with my carpet cleaning machine because my machine was very picky. But, it worked perfect. I threw away all the other cleaning products I had bought. No other product can be more helpful and with the higher concentration, I can use a lesser volume of the solution.
• Protect your carpet with Scotchgard Protector from future stains and soil
• Safe to use for all major brand’s deep cleaning machines
• Biodegradable and does not contain phosphates, dyes, optical brighteners or heavy metals that are harmful to the environment
• Slightly more expensive
5.Sunny & Honey Professional Pet Stain and Odor Eliminator, 32 FL OZ Review
The Sunny & Honey Professional Pet Stain and Odor Eliminator is targeted at removing tough pet stain and odor. Without a doubt, it works perfectly on them. Other areas suitable to use on include blood and vomit stains.
Here’s what surprise me. One of my car seats was smeared with my three-year-old son’s poop. The remained brown spot looked quite ugly on my light colored seats. I tried casually washing it but the mark just faded, not completely gone. The air fresheners in the car don’t cover the bad smell too.
When I saw the Sunny & Honey Professional Pet Stain and Odor Eliminator, I figured this was just what I needed. As I always took my son on my car, I didn’t want to use harsh chemical cleaning products which could harm the baby’s soft and sensitive skin. I tried DIY cleaning products but it consumed too much of my time due to my busy work schedule. But this product, as it was described, was harmless to my child and very easy to use. The fresh scent it left conceals the odor and now I can confidently close the windows and drive.
Being a believer I used it on the cradle, the sofa and even on the wooden dining table. The leather sofa was sparkly, the cradle spotless and the oil grease on the table disappeared. It would be a mistake to use other strong chemical products on these household furniture. But S&H was extremely effective and safe to use!
• Spray bottle is convenient
• Tested to be pet and children safe with Sunny & Honey patented Natural Enzyme Formula
• Clean up pet’s urine, feces, Vomit, drool and more
• Use in everywhere around your house like carpet, hardwood, leather, car interior
• Odd fragrance that may be unpleasant to some people
Rachelle Stone has numerous years in the commercial construction industry as well as residential, taking pride in the relationships formed over those years & continue to thrive & make new connections everywhere. She focuses hard on turning them into "partnerships" that will last a lifetime. You can visit her at www.CarpetGurus.comAll stories by: Rachelle Stone
You might also like
Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Vacuum ReviewShark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Vacuum Review https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/shark-ionflex-2x-if251-featured-image-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Rachelle Stone Rachelle Stone https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b903daecc57f726c767c59baf58630cd?s=96&d=mm&r=g
2018 Guide to Replacing and Installing New Carpet (DIY)2018 Guide to Replacing and Installing New Carpet (DIY) https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/install-new-carpet-diy-header-2018-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Rachelle Stone Rachelle Stone https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b903daecc57f726c767c59baf58630cd?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Very well put Rachelle. Nice information specially for those with carpet cleaning machines. Some of the products you have here are very effective especially in removing pet stains and odors. I love that you have also mentioned the CONS of the product. Really informative and substantial.
For those who are picky and cautious about the chemicals that some cleaners have, it is best to call in a professional to do the cleaning for you. They offer eco-friendly carpet cleaning solutions that are very effective.