Best Carpet Brands to Buy in 2024: How to Select the Best Carpet Fiber?Best Carpet Brands to Buy in 2024: How to Select the Best Carpet Fiber? https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/Best-Carpet-Brands-Carpeted-Floor-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Marvin Wallace Marvin Wallace https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/dfba7fb04287da7d901f561fada57000?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Table of Contents
Carpets add a pleasant feel to our home decor. When a buyer wants to decorate his abode and add colors to his house, he wants a mesmerizing design to soothe his eyes, but he also does not want to shell out too much money. Any deal will be incomplete if the durability of an item is not taken into consideration. Today, let’s look at some of the best carpet brands that can be purchased from the market, looking at their cost, durability, look, and feel.
A quality carpet or wide range of carpeting items brought to you by SHAW Floors are synonymous with each other. The brand is a top market leader in carpet making in the world and is the first choice for many property owners. This is because if you are looking for a carpet to spread at home or in the office area, you will never be empty-handed as SHAW provides a wide variety of carpets in various colors and sizes styles.
On top of that, Floor Covering News, Floor Focus, and Floor Covering Weekly magazines have ranked this brand 1st, recognizing the unique level of art and excellence in carpet creation.
The company has also patented their carpet for R2X soil and stain protection, making them look neat and clean for a longer period when laid on the floor. The products are sold with an unheard-of 20-year warranty. They are also keen enough to care for our environment by ensuring complete carpet recycling so that no unwanted carpet is thrown in landfills.
Mohawk Industries is another name in the carpet world who has been making carpet products and beautifying homes since 1878. Mohawk has top-notch designers who create their carpets that are classes apart in design and feel, making them run side by side with the changing market.
Durability with style is their trademark. That’s why they have introduced what they call SmartStrand Forever Clean Carpet, where they provide All Pet Protection & Warranty to their buyers with pets inside their homes. They also believe in sustainable development since many of their items are made of recycled and renewable materials.
Du-Pont is another industry leader in the flooring and carpet market. Continuously innovation and experience led Dupont to produce its Sorona polymer, which is used in several carpet items like SmartStrand and Karastan floor carpets.
They are also famous for providing some of the softest and most durable carpets available. Their crush-resistant fibers in the carpet make sure that their carpets shine in areas from untouched to most-walked spaces. This causes their carpets to look new even after they are spread. They are available in many styles, colors, and designs that will match and fit perfectly, either inside your house or office space.
Made from modern manufacturing technology, the products are stain-resistant and do not allow water to penetrate through their walls. So, don’t worry about bad odors because these carpets get dry almost instantly.
BEAULIEU OF AMERICA
Beaulieu of America is a brand-new manufacturer of carpets and flooring products. Although established not too long ago, the producer has placed his name in the world’s largest carpet-only manufacturer and world’s third-largest maker of various other flooring products. Their carpets are made of polyester, nylon, polypropylene, or a combination of one or two to ensure the long-lasting end of their products.
Apart from producing regular wall-to-wall carpeting items, they are pioneers in manufacturing some of the best-in-class, durable carpet-square products. Floor owners are free to choose from more than 80 designs that the company offers, making them opt for a style that suits their floor style.
Parents with young kids and pets can free themselves from all their stain worries with some of the offerings, having features like Silver Release antimicrobial treatment and Magic Fresh odor– reducing treatment options.
Stainmaster offers different categories of carpets. One of their popular offerings is TruSoft carpet range, which offers exceptionally soft and comfortable feel underfloor carpets in the market. Its crafted fibers are specially engineered to not only give that luxury feels but also to make it stain-resistant and spill-free.
Many pet owners don’t want to install flooring carpets since it becomes more of a nuisance over better decor. However, all their worries are taken to concern and solved with Stainmaster’s Pet Protect range so that they add décor to their house. Built-in odor and stain resistance make pet owners a perfect choice, apart from its design, to reduce the force of attraction between pet hair and carpet surface.
The company also provides some of its products in the affordable range, which offers more buying options for property owners with a tight budget.
ATLAS CARPET MILLS
If you have set your budget and carpet quality a bit higher, you can consider the carpets from Atlas Carpet Mills. The company offers premium high-quality carpets ranging in vivid colors and styles. You can have your custom style carpets to suit your home. The company also takes care of its tight budget customers by providing them with some affordable offerings.
Some famous collections of Atlas Carpet Mills are Metafora, Ville Des Lumieres, Momentum, Metropolitan, and the Bellissimo collection.
- Metafora collection has four running-line patterns with 17 colors available. Nine running patterns are also available to choose from. They offer carpet tiles, area rugs, and broadlooms.
- Ville Des Lumieres collection includes 16 colors of 4 running-line patterns. Twelve pattern options are also there, and this is also available as carpet tiles, area rugs, and broadlooms.
- Momentum collection offers five pattern options with a staggering 24 different colors. The same as the above collections are available as rugs and broadlooms.
- Metropolitan collection gives options with three patterns coming in 17 different colors, and this can be purchased as area rugs or broadlooms.
- Lastly, Bellissimo collection is composed of 3 different-line patterns that are available in 9 different colors. Twelve additional designs are also available for a customer to choose from.
The last brand in our listings is Capel Rugs, famous for making a vivid variety of rugs since 1917. The 100-year old family-operated company ensures that its customers receive the best possible product experience and customer service from its end. It also makes carpet runners that can be used on staircases and passageways.
Matching area rugs to complement your home style are also available to give that pleasing look to your home. Top-quality Persian rugs and runners are also in the company’s product line, thus widening its product portfolio.
Materials used to manufacture the rugs and carpets are nylon, chenille, polypropylene, wool, and most of the rugs are 100% reversible in nature. Meaning that if you got some stains or dirt on one side, all you need is to reverse the carpet to get a fresh and colorful look again. It’s worth it to mention that all products that they offer also come with a 1-year warranty.
Carpet Buying Guide
Most people fall into the trap of attempting to seek the cheapest carpet that they could buy. Carpeting is, however, a considerably long-term investment and should be planned to spend as much as you can afford. This helps to make sure that you get the best price to value ratio products while ensuring the carpet is easy to maintain its cleanliness.
When you are shopping at a retail store, the carpet salesman may have a lot of concerns, but this only helps decide which floor carpeting is right for the house. For instance, depending on your family size or if you are a pet owner, you would be advised on various brands and material types to suit your needs.
When you choose a rug or carpet, it is crucial to know where they are to be installed. Is it for a living room or bedroom for guests? Living rooms usually have a much higher amount of foot traffic than other rooms, so choose the color and quality wisely. For example, brighter colors would most certainly fit best in a guest bedroom, while a deeper shade of gray or blue might be a superior option for a living room.
Carpets made with thick, curly fabrics may also not be appropriate for heavy-duty environments since the tufts can be flattened in no time. The advantage of using such variety is that it looks classy in dining rooms and other zones with lesser foot traffic.
It would be best if you focused on retailer and supplier’s brand reputation instead of price when shopping for new carpet products. While some big chain stores can provide a surprisingly low price, you need to consider their after-sales support too. Do not forget to check out some smaller local carpeting stores near you as they may even provide personalized service and help while offering competitive pricing.
So, set your direction and keep moving forward, and you will reach your destination. There are no complications if you research the market for a new carpet.
- Set Your Expectations
The moment you start to look for a new carpet set your expectations for a possible buying experience.
- When do you want your carpet?
In-stock carpets can be purchased anytime, whereas custom-tailored carpets can be ordered and take some time.
- How do you want to use it?
Different carpet fibers have varying lifespans. If you want to spend less, then you can choose polyester-made carpets, or if you want a rugged and long-lasting carpet, it would be best to go with nylon made ones.
- What price are you willing to pay?
You need to consider three things – the carpet, its padding, and finally, its installation.
- Carpet Construction
How and where it is made, and the material technology used are key points for a high-quality carpet
Types of Carpets and Their Benefits
Made of wool, nylon, and olefin, the carpet is dense and stain-resistant. Has long uncut loops of natural tone fibers. Not scratch resistant so better for pet owners to avoid this.
Best for busy areas since it has short & twisted piles. Mostly used in commercial spaces due to its durability.
Variety of textures and design patterns since it is made from the combination of loop and piles.
Soft, smooth, and finished surface due to closely spaced yarns. It is not good for high-foot traffic areas because footprints and vacuum marks can be spotted. It has a soft and smooth finish.
Most popular carpet with a soft and smooth surface. Suitable for any room due to its two-colored yarn and irregular surface.
- Fiber: The carpet is made up of fibers with different sizes spun with each other to form single or multi-ply yarn.
- Pile: Pile, face, or snap is the fiber’s height.
- Density: Carpets with high density are strong in their make, and it refers to how closely fibers are packed together.
- Weight: Carpets with better weights have better durability and quality. The face weight of the carpet is the fiber amount present on the carpet surface, and overall weight carries latex and backing. Make sure that when comparing weights, carpets with similar materials are taken into consideration, for example, Polyester to Polyester.
- Texture: Durability, look, and feel are determined by the carpet’s texture. Texture can be defined as the style of fibers being looped or woven.
- Twist: Higher twist carpets are more resistant to foot traffic and crushing. The twist is defined as the number of times the fiber turns an inch in length.
- PAR Ratings: Higher PAR ratings imply better appearance retention. It is a scale varying from 1-5.
- Carpet Fibers: Fibers present in the carpet can either be naturally occurring substances like wool or synthetic, processed materials like nylon, polyester, olefin, etc. Each brings its features into the carpet.
- Nylon: The highly common fiber available for carpets is nylon. The strains are long and strong, making it durable and suitable for high foot traffic areas. More so, the nylon’s carpets can be cleaned easily as the material is soil resistant and resilient. Spilling problems may occur, though, sometimes.
- Olefin: Olefin or polypropylene is the best material for carpets to be laid outdoors or in basements. The material is rough and resistant to water or moisture, staining or pilling, and also gives woolen comfort and appearance. Some olefins carpets may fade by direct sunlight, although most are colorfast, as they are dyed before they are woven into the carpet.
- Polyester: Polyester carpets are also a good choice to make since they are stain-resistant. However, the material is not that durable, and shedding may occur with prolonged use. Cleaning and maintaining are quite easy, and the material is non-allergic.
- Triexta: Triexta carpets are durable and resistant to stains. They are suitable for homeowners with pets and toddlers.
- Acrylic: Acrylic carpets are similar to woolen carpets and are best suited for commercial purposes. The best feature is that it is resilient to sunlight fading and is soil & moth resistant.
Treatments for your Carpet
Carpets come with treatments already done during their manufacturing process, making them less susceptible to the soil, moistness, and sunlight exposure. You may go for external treatment that will improve the carpet life a bit longer.
Carpet paddings are cushions that are installed behind the carpets. Carpet padding is necessary for many carpets as they provide comfort to feet and reduce cold and minimize noise and increase the life of the carpet. Different carpets require different types of paddings, so always look at the manufacturer’s manual before installation.
Carpet tiles don’t require any paddings for them. Peel-and-stick carpet tiles are the best options for floor decorations. Adhesives beneath them stick on the ground firmly and prevent curls and folding.
Proper caring and maintenance prolong the lifespan of any item. So, care for your carpet by doing its vacuum cleaning regularly and avoid long term direct sunlight exposure on it by curtaining or closing your house windows. Some smaller rugs can be washed inside a washing machine. For stubborn stains, get some professional cleaning done in between your regular home routine clean-up.
You might also like
Why Professional Home Carpet Cleaners Do It Better Than YouWhy Professional Home Carpet Cleaners Do It Better Than You https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/Benefits-of-Professional-Carpet-Cleaning-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Brandon Smith Brandon Smith https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/8e6588d4e69d33efb7d73d9ab24a09e4?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Aqua Pro Vac Review: Is It the Best Value Extractor for Auto Detailing in 2024?Aqua Pro Vac Review: Is It the Best Value Extractor for Auto Detailing in 2024? https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/Aqua-Pro-Vac-Carpet-Extractor-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Marvin Wallace Marvin Wallace https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/dfba7fb04287da7d901f561fada57000?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Hell-o. I am in the market to have a carpet bound for my living room. Can you offer the company that has the best quality nylon rug? Since I am replacing a wool area rug, I am accustomed to dense fibers. I have been looking at Shaw–keen series 181 treasure–I need a medium neutral with a hint of Carmel –don’t know whether this carpet has the quality I would like. Any info or would you suggest anything else–I am open. Thank-you for your insight.