10 Best Vacuums for Long Hair in 202310 Best Vacuums for Long Hair in 2023 https://www.carpetgurus.com/wp-content/uploads/best-vacuum-for-long-hair-1024x576.jpg 1024 576 Jennifer Dean Jennifer Dean https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a12339e5b4dc251257b22c265dbeca84?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Short on time? I recommend the Dyson Outsize as the best vacuum for long hair and the Bissell PowerGlide Pet as the best all-rounder under $250.
Vacuum maintenance is a drag.
What’s your worst cleaning nightmare?
Tangled hair on the brush roll, clogged vacuum cleaner, or long hairs in places you don’t want to see them?
When it comes to long hair, a regular vacuum isn’t sufficient; the strands can still get wrapped up in the machine.
Well, I tested 10 vacuums specifically designed to get all of those pesky long hairs off your carpet , so they don’t end up in knots again.
It doesn’t matter if you or your pets have short, medium-length or long hair- these machines are made to take on any challenge! So go ahead and read this article for some advice on which one is best suited for you!
- Top 10 Best Vacuums for Long Hair To Buy 2022
- Best Overall Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Upright Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Handheld Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Vacuum with HEPA Filter
- Best Vacuum for Thick Pet Hair
- Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Robotic Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Budget Vacuum for Long Hair
- Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Hardwood And Laminate Floors
- Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Carpets
- What to Look for in a Good Vacuum Cleaner to Pick up Hair
- Conclusion – What Is the Best Vacuum That Doesn't Get Clogged With Long Hair?
Top 10 Best Vacuums for Long Hair To Buy 2022
These are my recommendations for the top specialized vacuum cleaners for long hair on the market today, all of which are well worth the money depending on your needs.
1. Best Overall Vacuum for Long Hair – Dyson Outsize (cordless)
- Whopping 2 hours runtime. Cleans more floor with each pass. Automates the optimization of suction and runtime across a variety of flooring types. Say goodbye to the days of struggling to clean up pet hair from your couch. Creates a clean and healthy environment for you and your family.
2. Best Upright Vacuum for Long Hair – BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo (corded)
- Powerful pickup with a lightweight machine. Tackle any mess with ease. Clever brush roll design prevents tangling and hair wrap. Keep dirt and allergens from escaping back into the air. Spend more time outside chasing pets, not vacuuming their hair around the house.
3. Best Handheld Vacuum for Long Hair – Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro (cordless)
- Ultra-lightweight. Pretty powerful vacuum cleaner that removes hair and dirt from your home or office. Do spot clean without the hassle of a cord. Long-lasting filter and motor life. Keep your car free of pet hair and long human hair, which is gross for passengers.
4. Best Vacuum with HEPA Filter – Shark Vertex Duoclean (corded)
- Powerful suction, on carpets and hard floors. Self-cleaning brushroll prevents hair from clogging up. Clean your home without worrying about allergies or asthma attacks from pets (for people who have them). Let your kids play on their bedroom floors without fear of getting sick from all that pet fur they’re rolling around in.
5. Best Vacuum for Thick Pet Hair – Shark APEX Zero-M (corded)
- Picks up pet hair and human hair. The HEPA filter and advanced anti-allergen technology work together to keep your home free of allergens. No more long strands of hair getting stuck in the roller brush. You’ll no longer have to worry about your dog’s shedding in the house or on furniture.
6. Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Long Hair – BISSELL PowerGlide Pet (cordless)
- Get the job done without getting tangled in a cord. No more messy roller brushes. Turn into a handheld vacuum or upright vacuum depending on usage. Bissell is proud to support the mission of the BISSELL Pet Foundation. Your purchase will help save homeless pets and cats from euthanasia.
7. Best Robotic Vacuum for Long Hair – iRobot Roomba i3+ (cordless)
- The iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant can be used to control the robot vacuum cleaner. Feel confident in your clean home with a robot that does it for you. Reduce the hassle of emptying a vacuum cleaner. No more heavy, bulky traditional vacuum cleaners.
8. Best Budget Vacuum for Long Hair – Eureka NEU202 PowerSpeed (corded)
- Low-Priced. Vacuum cleaner is lightweight and easy to use. Capable of cleaning any surface with the height adjustment feature. Has a retractable cord so you don’t have to worry about the cord getting in your way when cleaning. Includes 4 attachments inside the box. You won’t have to worry about the vacuum running out of battery while you’re cleaning.
9. Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Hardwood And Laminate Floors – Dreametech T10 (cordless)
- Get a quieter, more comfortable clean. Has a long runtime and powerful suction that vacuums out all the dirt and hair stuck deep in carpet. Can be operated with one hand thanks to its ergonomic design. Detachable and replaceable HEPA Filter. Your family will be happier with less pet hair around the house.
10. Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Carpets – Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog (corded)
- C3 series is a perfect blend of form and function. Engineered to be durable and have a beautiful design. Five height range adjustments to clean different types of carpeting. Best suited to larger rooms with a medium to deep pile carpet.
Best Overall Vacuum for Long Hair
HEPA Filter: Yes
Weight: 8.5 lbs
Since 1993, Dyson has been making vacuum cleaners.
The Dyson Outsize is the most powerful cordless vacuum in its class. It has all of the power and functionality of an upright but with greater mobility. This lightweight, cordless stick vac offers up to 120 minutes of fade-free suction on carpets and hard floors. With a motorized brush bar that adjusts to different floor types, this machine will pick up everything from pet hair to dust bunnies without missing a beat.
And it’s so quiet, your pets won’t be scared away!
You’ll love how easy it is to clean stairs and other tight spaces with this lightweight stick vac. The best vacuum is one that you’ll actually use and enjoy vacuuming with. It should not feel like a chore, and that is exactly why Dyson made this product. Plus, there are no cords or bags required – just empty the bin when full.
It also comes with an anti-tangle Hair screw tool attachment designed for homes with pets so you can get rid of all those pesky pet hairs on upholstery and corners while keeping your furry friends happy too. And don’t forget about the battery countdown timer, which tells you exactly how much time you have left before needing another charge.
If you live in a smaller apartment, the regular Dyson V11 Torque Drive should be enough for your needs. If not, consider getting the Outsize model to have ample battery life left to clean up larger homes.
Why Should I Buy the Dyson Outsize Vacuum?
- Powerful suction engineered to deep clean your whole home
- Excellent at sucking up all types of hair, not just long human hair
- 120 minutes of cleaning time
- Improved fully-sealed filtration system
- Full-size bin means 150% more capacity than the Dyson V15 Detect
- LCD screen displays battery run time
- Quieter than your average vacuum
- Exclusive Hair screw tool with anti-tangle conical brushbar for removing pet hair
- Dual cyclones capture more fine dust and allergens
- Using the optional Tangle Free Turbine Tool (with this adapter), carpets, cushions, curtains, and bedding can be freed from even more stubborn, stuck-on hair.
Best Upright Vacuum for Long Hair
BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo
HEPA Filter: SmartSeal Allergen System
Weight: 14.2 lbs
Are you tired of having to constantly vacuum your house because of pet hair?
The BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus is the perfect solution for anyone who wants a powerful, lightweight vacuum that’s easy to use. It’s specially designed to pick up pet hair and other messes without heavy lifting. Plus, it traps fine dust and allergens inside the vacuum so you can breathe easily while cleaning.
When you need a quick and easy way to clean up messes, reach for the included quick-release extension wand. It’s always ready in case of any accidents are located in hard-to-reach areas.
A Bissell vacuum is the perfect choice for eliminating pet odors. They have an optional Febreze filter, which will make your home smell like you just took a walk through a field of freshly cut hay.
Best of all, you don’t have to worry about cleaning your vacuum after you’ve cleaned the house. The tangle-free brush roll and one-touch easy empty dirt tank are features that make vacuuming a breeze.
Why Should I Buy the Pet Hair Eraser Turbo?
- Powerful hair pickup
- Quick release extension wand for extended reach
- Specialized Pet Tools included for cleaning up pet messes
- Uses Bissell’s innovative triple-action brush that combined powerful turbo suction, agitation, and massage into one easy to use machine
- Say goodbye to dirty hands with hands-free empty of the 0.75 liters dirt cup
- Stop worrying about your allergies with the Smart Seal Allergen System and Febreze filter
- No more pulling tangled hair from the brush head
- Help homeless animals by purchasing from Bissell
Best Handheld Vacuum for Long Hair
Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro Plus
HEPA Filter: Washable filter
Weight: 2.8 lbs
The UltraCyclone Pet Pro+ Cordless Handheld Vacuum is the ultimate portable tool for cleaning up pet hair, dirt, and debris.
It boasts two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams that generate suction power to pick up even the tiniest particles of dirt on your floors, furniture, and car seats.
What makes the Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+ different from other cordless hand vacs is that it has a convenient motorized self-cleaning detachable Pet Power Brush that eliminates pet hair buildup from carpets, upholstery, and brush-roll. It also features a massive dust cup for its relatively small size to tackle big jobs with ease while a washable filter makes cleanup easy.
This handheld pet vacuum with the crevice tool and scrub brush is perfect for hard-to-reach places. It cleans up dirt that’s been stuck on your floor, leaving it spotless in no time at all.
Why Should I Buy the Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro?
- Lightweight handheld allows you to take this cleaning machine everywhere
- Powerful cyclonic suction
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll removes hair wrap during use
- Easily empty cup without touching mess
- High-performance, long-lasting lithium-ion battery
Best Vacuum with HEPA Filter
Shark Vertex Duoclean Powerfins Powered LiftAway Upright Vacuum AZ2002
HEPA Filter: Yes
Weight: 16.38 lbs
Shark AZ2002 Upright Vacuum is the perfect vacuum for pet owners that have dust allergies.
It is one of the most powerful vacuum cleaners that you can buy. It has DuoClean PowerFins that are designed to pick up more dirt and pet hair in every pass. Plus, it comes with a motorized nozzle for cleaning above flooring or detaching the pod for cleaning under furniture.
This vacuum also features Self-Cleaning Brushrolls so you don’t have to worry about hair wraps anymore! Another seldom-seen feature is the bright LED lights on the nozzle to keep an eye out for hidden debris. The smooth maneuverability of this vacuum makes it easy to clean hard floors and carpets without losing suction while also being able-bodied enough that you can tackle any problematic spots in your home like pet fur or those tricky corners.
Longer, stronger power cords can be hard to find. This vacuum has one of the most extended cord lengths of any similar model on today’s market, at 30 ft long – a major bonus for homes with larger spaces.
Last but not least, this vacuum includes Shark’s Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filtration that captures 99.9 percent of dust and allergens within the vacuuming process.
Why Should I Buy the Shark Vertex AZ2002?
- Effective HEPA filter reduced allergic reactions
- Powerful vacuum for extreme clean
- Remove up to 2x more dirt and dust with DuoClean Technology
- Powered Lift-Away tech lets you get into all nooks and crannies
- Ideal for pet owners with high-maintenance animals
- Picks up tons of hair without the inconvenience of vacuum bags, dustpans, or frequent sweeps
- Ergonomically designed and easy to use
- Works on carpets, tile, linoleum floors
Best Vacuum for Thick Pet Hair
Shark APEX Zero-M Upright Vacuum Cleaner
HEPA Filter: Yes
Weight: 16 lbs
This is another Shark product that you should definitely look into—one of America’s best-selling vacuum cleaning machines for many reasons.
The Shark APEX DuoClean is a powerful 12 amp upright vacuum that cleans with two roller brushes for twice the cleaning power. As a result of its anti-allergen complete seal technology, this machine traps dust and allergens in its inner chambers, allowing users to breathe easier in the process.
Like the AZ2002 model, the powered lift away feature allows you to instantly remove the canister to clean hard-to-reach areas like under your bed or bring it up on stairs.
Although it does not have automatic floor detection like in the Dyson Outsize, you can still easily switch between the floor and carpet modes (Bare floor, low pile carpet/rug, and high pile) with the press of a button. It comes equipped with swivel steering technology, allowing you to move around smoothly.
And here comes the best part: Zero-M’s anti-hair wrap is the most efficient way I have found to put a stop to clogged hose or blocked airflow. It does exactly what it says and makes deep cleaning up much more uncomplicated.
There’s no doubt that the Shark brand is one of the leaders when it comes to selling vacuums at an impressive rate, and now you know why!
Why Should I Buy the Shark APEX DuoClean?
- Twice the cleaning power on carpets and floors, cutting your chore time in half
- 40% more pet hair pickup than any other vacuum
- Zero-M Self-cleaning brush roll means no more manually cutting stuck hair out of the roller brush
- Vacuum cleaner is complete with anti-allergen and HEPA filter technology
- Helps you see more as powerful LED lights illuminate dirt and dust in dark areas
- Active Glide Technology reduces friction with hard floors and also significant reduction of wear and tear on carpets
- Includes attachment tools to remove pet hair easily from surfaces such as upholstery or curtains
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Long Hair
BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Slim Cordless Stick Vacuum 3080
HEPA Filter: Multi-level filtration system
Weight: 9 lbs
Do you have a pet that sheds? If so, then you know how difficult it can be to keep your home clean. The hair gets everywhere, and it’s hard to get rid of the smell.
But with BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Slim Cordless stick vacuum, cleaning up after your furry friend is easy.
The most versatile vacuum in your collection just got even better. Now, it’s flexible enough to handle any cleaning need you may have. The newest model from Bissell features a convertible 3-in-1 lightweight design that easily converts into an upright or handheld dustbuster – perfect for those difficult to get to spaces on furniture like nightstands and corners behind appliances.
It picks up almost anything and everything off our floors, from hair to cat crap. The best part? My cats didn’t run out of the office when I was vacuuming because this thing is so quiet you could hear myself think (literally).
This cordless vacuum has patented Tangle-Free Brush Roll technology which means there is no stuck hair in the roller brush. It also features an extra-large dirt bin for a longer run time between emptying and a powerful lithium-ion battery that provides up to 30 minutes of cordless cleaning on one charge.
You won’t find another feature-packed cordless pet vacuum like this at an affordable price on the market today. So what are you waiting for? Click here now and buy this trending product before they sell out again!
Why Should I Buy the BISSELL PowerGlide Pet?
- Ideal for quick, spot cleaning that takes less than 30 minutes
- Battery life is long enough for day to day needs
- Works on hard surfaces, carpets, and rugs
- Lights on the front of the roller brush are bright and helpful
- Vacuums up long hair, dirt, debris, allergens
- Cordless for flexibility
- Clean out your car with the convertible hand vacuum that detaches
- Lightweight, makes it easy to work around furniture
Best Robotic Vacuum for Long Hair
iRobot Roomba i3+ (3550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal Disposal
HEPA Filter: High-efficiency filter
Weight: 6 lbs
Do you hate vacuuming? We all know how much of a pain it is to vacuum. But, what if there was an easier way? What if you could just press a button, and your floors would be clean in no time at all? Well, now there is.
Introducing the i3+ robot vacuum by iRobot. It’s not only easy to use but also comes with some pretty cool features that will make life so much more simple for you.
The iRobot Roomba i3+ has been designed specifically for homes with pets because of its unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes, which are perfect for cleaning hair from carpets and hard floors alike. And don’t worry about getting tangled in the brushes as they adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with both surfaces while intelligently navigating around obstacles such as chair legs or table corners.
Immediately following a cleaning, it automatically empties itself into the dirt disposal bag dock, which takes up to 60 days to fill up, so that you need not do the hard work for months.
This product even comes equipped with a high-efficiency filter – talk about being allergy-friendly!
All this combined makes the Roomba i3+ perfect for any homeowner who wants their house kept nice and tidy without having to lift a finger themselves.
The newest additions to the Roomba family are its bigger brothers, an i7+ and s9+. If you need even stronger suction power or want special cleaning instructions for your specific type of flooring, then these bots are the ones to get.
Why Should I Buy the iRobot Roomba i3+?
- Picks up pet hair while sweeping on all surfaces
- Traps allergens while working efficiently to clean carpets and floors
- Low maintenance
- Clean Base Dirt Disposal system means no more need to dispose of dirt daily by hand
- Easily set up functions
- Sleek design with futuristic technology
- Easy to use app that saves time
- One-click scheduling so the machine can clean even if you are away from home
- Reactive Sensor Technology avoids obstacles more efficiently than typical robotic vacuums
Best Budget Vacuum for Long Hair
Eureka NEU202 PowerSpeed Automatic Cord Rewind Vacuum
HEPA Filter: Washable filter
Weight: 12.3 lbs
For those of you who are looking for a high-quality, low-cost vacuum that can pick up long hair, look no further! This one gets cleaning performance close enough to clean most flooring types and will probably last longer than what others cost over $200.
You may be thinking that a corded vacuum is cumbersome. But not anymore, as the manufacturer has included an automatic cord rewind function and can wrap up to 25′ of cords with just one push! When you need to get your floors clean, this powerful vacuum is the perfect solution.
With a 12-inch broad cleaning brush head that’s great for hardwood and other types of flooring, as well as tiles or carpets, it can take care of everything in one trip.
Despite its relatively large size, the vacuum is surprisingly light at 12 lbs. I’m going to be honest with you – I was skeptical about how this thing would feel in the hand when we first picked up our model. But lo and behold: the ergonomic handle made everything so much easier than expected, making carrying around this large appliance very manageable indeed.
You might not need anything else once this package arrives at your doorstep. At about $100, this set of cleaning tools will have you all covered. This kit comes with a 7″ crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery/pet tool for a clean house from top to bottom.
Why Should I Buy the Eureka NEU202?
- The automatic retractable cord reduces cord tangles and saves you time
- Specially designed attachments to make cleaning easier, and reach places other vacuums can’t
- Pet turbo brush is great for removing hair dropped from pets
- Effortlessly clean multiple floor types with 5 height adjustment settings knob
- Built-in handle makes it easy to carry around
- LED headlights to shine cleaning path
Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Hardwood And Laminate Floors
Dreametech T10 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
HEPA Filter: Yes
Weight: 3.64 lbs
The DreameTech T10 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is a powerful, lightweight vacuum cleaner that allows users to clean the hardwood, vinyl, or laminate flooring more efficiently.
This 20Kpa unit has a rotating brush bar that helps remove pet hair, crumbs, and dirt on all kinds of surfaces, including rugs, beddings, sofa, and more. It features 8-stage noise reduction technology, which makes it a quiet tool for cleaning your house. The device weighs only 3.64 pounds and is easy to carry around with you and operate in one hand as it has a gravity center towards the back of the handle.
Another highlight is that the bagless vacuum cleaner is not only easy to use, the dust cup can hold up 0.6 liters of debris at a time before needing to be emptied. To do this, simply press down on an automatic button and watch as it drives all your dirt into your dustbin.
Using the wall-mounted docking station, T10 can be charged and stored simultaneously. The HEPA filter is a washable and replaceable component to help you save money in the long run.
Also, you’ll be glad to know that T10’s rechargeable batteries are designed to provide up to 60 minutes of usage on a single charge. These swappable battery packs double the runtime and prolong wear time, making them perfect for those who want longer cleaning sessions without having to worry about running out of juice or need replacement parts often.
Why Should I Buy the Dreametech T10?
- Outperforms the majority of other vacuums on the market
- Clean up long hair without tangle or hassle with the anti-tangle brush roll
- Easy operation to tackle the mess on any surface
- Long lasting suction that lasts 60 minutes
- 5-stage filtration system reduces allergens and fine dust to create fresh air
- Versatile: With various brushes included, such as V-shape roller brush, 2-in-1 brush, and crevice nozzle
Best Vacuum for Long Hair to Use on Carpets
Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Vacuum Cleaner
HEPA Filter: Yes
Weight: 12 lbs
If you’re looking to clean your home’s low to high pile carpets, I recommend the Miele C3 Cat & Dog vacuum. The design of this unit is sleek, modern, and minimal. The color white represents purity, so it’s perfect for your pup’s bedroom or living space. It features an electrobrush that has five levels of height adjustment and a powerful 1200-Watt Vortex motor so it can reach any surface without difficulty.
Speaking of the powered floor brush, it is designed to reduce wrist strain, making it easy to control. Although the size of this product isn’t quite small enough for my delicate skin type or those with smaller hands, I found that by using the smooth ergonomic handle and rotating neck on one side while steering made maneuvering less daunting than usual.
Not only does this machine from Miele have a 9-stage Active Air Clean Filter that outputs cleaner air, but it also reduces pet odors.
The silence motor can be a great feature, especially for pet owners who want to maintain their furry friends’ peace and quiet.
This vacuum cleaner is made with durable materials, so it will last for years to come. The stainless steel wand and unique release clip make extending the reach easy enough that even elderly people can do so without assistance.
So, all things considered, the Miele Complete C3 is good value for money to get rid of long dog and cat hair in large carpeted rooms with all the tools you need already included right in the package!
Why Should I Buy the Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog?
- Known for providing superior cleaning performance combined with low energy consumption, Miele machines are often included in lists of the best cleaners
- Lotus white, sleek compact shape
- Durable construction for the main body and extra tools
- This particular cleaning machine is designed with pets and pet’s hair in mind
- Easy to use
- 6-speed motorized cleaning brush
- Cleans deep down into the carpet with 5 stages of height adjustment
- Sealed Active Air Filter system is perfect for any household with pets and kids
What to Look for in a Good Vacuum Cleaner to Pick up Hair
1. Vacuum Types
The upright vacuum cleaners are known for their power and effectiveness on all environmental debris, including pet hair.
However, upright vacuums come with many drawbacks, like being corded, heavy-weighted devices that can be challenging to do maintenance after you have cleaned your house from top to bottom in one shot. They also limit where you can clean based on the length of an attached power cable or the power sockets’ location.
But the good aspect of being corded is the limitless runtime. Most upright vacuum cleaners today are general cleaning machines with few specialized models. These are most suited for places with wall-to-wall carpets or piles of rugs.
The lightweight and versatile stick vacuums are a favorite for cleaning pets’ hair. These are frequently marketed as pet vacuums and are mostly cordless, portable due to low weight, or offer power similar in nature to an upright vacuum cleaner which is perfect if you have limited space at home.
Manufacturers seem to place extra emphasis on developing these suckers specifically for those tasks, like deep cleans or dealing with pet hair in carpets, especially long ones. As a result, modern sticks have incorporated technologies such as self-cleaning brush roll and anti-tangle roller.
Canister vacuums are great for people who have a lot of flooring to clean.
They distribute the weight evenly between the roughly cylindrical body and powerhead, making them easier to move and more manageable than upright models. Canisters also do an excellent job on bare floors or carpets.
And because of their sturdy appearance, they are the most durable type of vacuum that can handle lots of bumping around.
A robot vacuum can be your best friend to keep up with the hair when you are not around.
These robotic devices are capable of doing automatic cleaning of all kinds of messes and dirt, including long or short strands of hair, depending on what model you have purchased.
One downside from my experience was that these vacuums don’t always pick up every last little bit like an old school sweeper would, but this isn’t necessarily bad as longs bristles will get most of the tough spots anyway, so I’m not complaining.
Another con of this type is limited power and dust storage capabilities; otherwise, these small robot vacuums make good ones at their light cleaning job.
2. Tangle-Free Brush Roll
Long-haired cat and dog breeds (e.g Birman, Ragamuffin, Husky, Golden Retrievers) have a lot of fur, so a tangle-free brush roll is really useful for removing it. This kind of design prevents their hair from wrapping around it, which would cause an inconvenient tangling up while cleaning.
But to deal with super long human hair, there’s a need to have an additional self-cleaning mechanism of automatically cutting up hair tangle. For instance, Shark’s higher-end products have their patented DuoClean PowerFins rollers. What it does is the extra silicone fins act like a comb and are flexible enough to pull out wrapped hair on the other roller brush.
3. Powerful Suction
As the suction power increases, it becomes easier for the vacuum to collect extended strands of hair all the way into the bag or dust cup.
Ultimately, it’s more likely to pick up long hair via the brush feature, but you will need strong airflow in order to pull it through the vacuum — especially when trying to get rid of knotted hair caught deep under carpet fibers.
The best part about a strong suction vacuum cleaner? The lack of clogged hair. That’s right, you won’t need to clean it out as often and with less hassle because no pesky hairs are getting stuck in the hose or tube.
4. Multiple Attachments
The attachment on your vacuum is essential to get rid of disturbing hair. Whether it’s a pet hair-removing tool or an upholstery brush head, the right tool can remove all that unwanted lint and make you feel clean again.
Some products also offer a convertible design. Vacuums like the Shark Vertex or Bissell PowerGlide are like a Swiss Army knife of cleaning. Not only do they convert into an upright for floors, but you can also detach the base and use it as a cordless handheld vacuum when needed!
5. Filtration System
People often ask, do I need a HEPA filter for my vacuum?
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters are often marketed as being great for allergy sufferers, removing at least 99.8% of particle particles 0.3 microns or bigger.
We’ve tested several vacuum cleaners, some of which feature HEPA filters for capturing even the tiniest particles. However, there are also many that feature excellent filters but not HEPA filters.
The degree of filtration provided by a vacuum cleaner is primarily determined by how well the filter is installed and how carefully the airways are sealed within it. When a filter is fitted poorly, some air passes around the filter instead of through it, allowing previously unfiltered particles to escape into the atmosphere once again.
6. Bagged vs. Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
Vacuum cleaners are an important part of reducing allergens and dust, but which is better, bagged or bagless vacuums? The right choice can be determined by your allergies as well as how often you plan on emptying them.
- Bagged vacuums are the best way to keep your allergies at bay. They seal off allergen-producing dust from entering into any part of the vacuum, and you don’t have to come in contact with it during cleaning because bags stay stocked up inside until they’re full or need replacing.
- Bagless vacuum cleaners are a great choice for those looking to avoid the hassle of frequent bags. You only need to clean out your dust cup occasionally, and if you don’t want any flying debris around while emptying it, consider getting one with an opening at the bottom.
7. Easy Maintenance
Sometimes it’s necessary to disassemble your vacuum cleaner’s components in order for them not to be clogged with hair and tangle buildup. Filters, rollers, dustbins, and hoses are examples of this.
Before making your purchase, double-check the product spec sheet thoroughly to ensure these components are accessible or that replacement parts are available.
FAQs About Best Vacuum for Long Hair
Are Dyson Vacuums Good for Long Hair?
Yes. Dyson vacuums are great for people with long hair.
They’re designed to cut through long thick strands of pet fur, which can be a nightmare for regular vacuum cleaners. Dyson vacuums have been lauded as being one of the best brands out there because they pass all their tests and also happen to be amazing at picking up pet hair.
There are not many other household tasks that require such a high level of performance, so it makes sense that Dyson models would come with better attachments specifically for this purpose.
Which Vacuum Has the Strongest Suction?
These days, you might think that a cordless vacuum would have the same suction power as one with cords, but this isn’t always true.
A battery in your device must be charged before it starts working. If you’re not using it, the charge dies down quickly, so overall, they don’t give out nearly enough suction power compared to vacuums equipped with an electric motor on board for powering everything up.
So in our list, the Miele Complete C3 is the most powerful with a 1200-Watt Vortex motor, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to clean up big messes in their home or office.
What’s Better Shark or Dyson?
The Dyson tops our list of best vacuum cleaners for a reason.
To a large extent, it’s excellent at collecting hair of all lengths, not just human hair. It’s also mighty and will keep your allergies at bay by zapping all the dust and allergens you pick up from being outdoors.
The Shark model comes a close second though, with a little less power, bulkier but still effective at hair tangle prevention.
The downside of buying a Dyson would cost you quite some money in comparison to other Shark vacuums, which can make your purchase seem steep at first glance.
Still, if you look closely enough, there are many benefits for having such an investment made by them as well–the best being their durability!
Conclusion – What Is the Best Vacuum That Doesn’t Get Clogged With Long Hair?
We all drop hair around the house at some point. Our dogs and cats drop hair, too. And the result is that our floors and furniture become hairier than they ought to be.
Luckily, there is a solution to every problem.
A tangle-free vacuum is a must for any household. It will help you to get rid of pesky hairs that are often found in the house. Whether it is yours or that annoying pet’s fur- just a quick and easy vacuum cleaning session will do!
There are several excellent options for vacuum cleaners that have outstanding hair management technology, but my current favorite for power, size, and value is the Dyson Outsize.
Another wonderful alternative is the Bissell PowerGlide Pet Slim if you’re on a budget.
Save it for later
If you buy something on this page, we may get a small share of sale at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products that we have used ourselves and feel are really useful, not because of the limited compensation from the links through our posts.
Jennifer Dean is an entrepreneur, speaker, coach, author and mother of two beautiful kids. You can visit her at www.CarpetGurus.comAll stories by: Jennifer Dean
You might also like
I tried out a Dyson vacuum at my friend’s house and I like it a lot too..but the price is little too much for me so I just bought the BIssell powerglide and very satisfied with what it can do.. thx for the recommendation Jennifer!
Leave a Reply